Recently, our team had the opportunity to retrofit a fully enclosed platform lift in Waterford General Hospital, Ireland. This was a tricky installation as the lift needed to be installed between a staircase. While the project presented some unexpected challenges, we were ultimately able to complete it to the highest standard.
If you are planning to retrofit a fully enclosed platform lift in your building, here are six important steps to follow:
1. Choose the right lift: It is essential to choose a lift that meets the specific needs of your building, including its size, capacity, and configuration.
2. Plan the installation process: Before beginning the installation, it is important to carefully plan the process, including any necessary modifications to the building, such as electrical and structural work.
3. Prepare the site: The site must be prepared to ensure the smooth installation of the lift, including the removal of any obstacles, such as stair treads or handrails.
4. Install the lift: The installation process should be carried out by a team of experienced professionals who have the necessary training and qualifications.
5. Test the lift: Once the installation is complete, the lift must be thoroughly tested to ensure that it meets the required safety standards.
6. Maintain the lift: Regular maintenance is essential to ensure that the lift remains safe and reliable, and to identify and address any potential issues before they become major problems.
In conclusion, retrofitting a fully enclosed platform lift can be a complex and challenging project, but with the right planning, execution, and maintenance, it can be successfully completed to the highest standard. By following the six steps outlined above and working with experienced professionals, you can ensure that your building has a safe, reliable, and accessible lift that meets the needs of all its users
If you’re in need of a platform lift, please contact us today. Our team is dedicated to providing safe and reliable lift installations to ensure that your building is accessible to all.